Criminal Lawyer in Edison Township, NJ Fights for Clients Facing Criminal Charges in Middlesex County and All Over New Jersey
We have experience defending clients accused of even the most serious criminal charges as defined by New Jersey law at The Law Office of Jill R. Cohen. Additionally, we defend clients facing charges of being minors or first-time disorderly persons. In addition to further penalties like losing your professional or driver's license, criminal charges can even result in jail time. Understanding the full effects of any charges is crucial. The Law Office of Jill R. Cohen provides the in-depth resources necessary to create a strong defense based on your unique circumstances. Contact our devoted Edison criminal defense attorney right immediately to find out how we can use our experience to protect your legal rights.
Secure Your Future With Experienced and Dedicated Defense; Schedule a Free Consultation With Me, New Jersey Criminal Defense Attorney Jill Cohen, to Fight For Your Rights and Seek The Justice You Deserve.
Edison Criminal Defense Attorney Recognizes Powerful Defense Strategies
When fighting against criminal accusations, developing a case plan is essential. To create the best defense for your circumstances, we must carefully consider the particular facts that surround the accusations you are facing. The defensive strategy may be impacted by the following factors:
- Arrangements for your confinement
- Your criminal history
- Your age as of today
- How the fees are structured
- Information about the victim
- The evidence that the state possesses against you
- Reducing elements
Our attorneys will have to carefully evaluate the facts of your case due to the numerous issues that are present in criminal cases. Once we have a complete grasp of all the crucial components of your case, our firm's criminal lawyer in Edison Township, NJ will choose the appropriate course of action.
"I did not expect my case to go so well but Jill found a way to really help me, I’m very grateful I chose her as my attorney and definitely would again in the future if needed."Paige M.
"I cannot say enough good things about Jill and her staff... During one of the most trying times for me, not only did she support me, but she and her staff truly listened to me and, most importantly, had my best interest at heart. I will refer Jill to anyone that needs a hands-down professional, caring lawyer to get them through a difficult time."Elizabeth S.
"She is very nice she works with you step-by-step, and she keeps you very informed about your case. She has great service, excellent workmanship, and she put her all into getting you the best results. Thanks a lot Jill R. Cohen."Keshia D. View All Client Reviews
Commonly Employed Criminal Defense Strategies in Edison Township, NJ
The following are some typical defense strategies used in criminal cases in New Jersey:
- Constitutional Rights Violations: An overzealous police officer may search and seize you improperly, resulting in your incarceration. The Constitution safeguards many police investigation rules. Search and arrest laws are more than procedural errors. In exceptional cases, your counsel may be able to exclude a major percentage of the prosecution's evidence. Your guilt may not be shown without that evidence.
- Insufficient Prosecution Evidence: The prosecution must prove guilt. Criminal trials require rigorous proof. Imprisonment is a major government action. Due to legal protections, proving guilt is difficult. Some evidence may be inadmissible due to evidentiary constraints. If the prosecution cannot win, charges may be withdrawn. Your lawyer may attempt to dismiss the lawsuit. This depends on your situation.
- Positive Rebuttals: Your justification may be that you had a good reason for doing something illegal. If the prosecution charges you with battery, you can claim self-defense. Affirmative defenses like self-defense may assist you fight criminal charges. Insanity, duress, need, and others are good defenses. Someone in your car holding a gun to your head and ordering you to ignore a traffic signal is duress. Affirmative defenses abound. Consult your attorney to determine which applies.
Don't wait to get the legal counsel you need to deal with your criminal charges if you or a loved one has been detained in Edison Township for a criminal offense. Contact The Law Office of Jill R. Cohen as soon as possible to discuss the circumstances of your case and learn more about your legal rights and options for resolving your criminal charges.
To Speak With Our Committed Edison Criminal Defense Attorney, Please Call The Law Office of Jill R. Cohen
The experienced attorneys at The Law Office of Jill R. Cohen understand how important it is for each criminal defendant to get assistance and counsel from our team and our tenacious criminal lawyer in Edison Township, NJ. If you or someone you love is being accused of a crime, get in touch with us right away to find out more about your legal options.
Edison Township, NJ Criminal Activity
Based on data collected over a period of 21 years, the crime statistics for Edison Township show a general downward trend in crime, with both property crime and violent crime down throughout this time period. On the basis of this pattern, it is anticipated that the rate of criminal activity in Edison Township will be lower in 2023 than it was in 2019.
In 2019, the rate of violent crime in the city of Edison Township was lower by 77.92% than the average rate of violent crime throughout the nation, while the rate of property crime in the city of Edison Township was lower by 35.2% than the average rate of property crime across the nation.
In 2019, the rate of violent crime in the city of Edison Township was 59.51% lower than the rate of violent crime in New Jersey, while the rate of property crime in the city of Edison Township was 2.36% higher than the rate of property crime in New Jersey, although the difference was not significant.