Experienced Criminal Lawyer in Pennsville, NJ Defends Clients' Rights in Salem County and Throughout South Jersey
You still retain the right to be presumed innocent until proven guilty even if you have been charged with a crime, implicated in one, or are the subject of an ongoing investigation. Some of your rights and liberties must be upheld and protected even if you are found guilty. Our objective at The Law Office of Jill R. Cohen is to assist you in overcoming the allegations you are facing. This can be done by demonstrating that there was a case of mistaken identity or having your charges dropped due to insufficient evidence. In addition to requesting the dismissal or reduction of your charges and penalties, we may also employ additional techniques, depending on the specific charges. Get in touch with our reputable Pennsville, NJ criminal defense attorney right away to learn more.
Secure Your Future With Experienced and Dedicated Defense; Schedule a Free Consultation With Me, New Jersey Criminal Defense Attorney Jill Cohen, to Fight For Your Rights and Seek The Justice You Deserve.
Cases Involving Criminal Defense in Pennsville Township, NJ
Our criminal lawyer in Pennsville Township works for all of our clients to make sure that any evidence used against you that was obtained unlawfully is excluded from your proceedings. We will carry out a thorough investigation to compile the case's facts and create a compelling defense for you that will stand up to the prosecution.
No matter the severity, the strength of the evidence, or the number of charges you are facing, we will tenaciously defend your interests no matter what kind of crime you have been accused of committing. We gather evidence, educate our clients about the laws that are relevant to their cases, and dissect the prosecution's claims to either dismiss, lower or seriously impugn the prosecution's case.
You can reach our Pennsville, NJ criminal defense attorney, by calling. If you are accused of any of the following, we can assist you because we have years of experience managing cases and offenses of all kinds.
- Domestic Violence in Pennsville, NJ: When there is domestic violence, one household member is typically subjected to aggressive or violent conduct. Although relatively prevalent, these charges have very strict evidentiary requirements. Domestic violence cases occasionally add accusations of detention, beating, strangulation, intimidation, breach of privacy, and stalking. A conviction will accompany you for the rest of your life and make it challenging to live a tranquil and unrestricted life.
- Drug and Gun Charges in Pennsville, NJ: The prosecution must demonstrate that you were intentionally in possession of drugs or a firearm, or that you obtained otherwise legal objects illegally for you to be found guilty of these offenses. They will attempt to demonstrate real or constructive possession of such objects, which is the main focus of our defense against such accusations based on the circumstances of the case.
- Sex Crimes in Pennsville, NJ: Criminal penalties for sex offenses are among the highest in the country in New Jersey. We can defend you against a variety of sex offenses, including those involving minors, aggravated sexual assault, obscene conduct, and sex crimes that are related to domestic abuse cases. Since each case is different, Pennsville, NJ criminal defense attorney will ensure that the prosecution establishes each element necessary for a conviction and that it does so beyond a reasonable doubt.
- DUI, DWI, charges for driving while intoxicated, and moving violations in Pennsville, NJ: Driving while inebriated and driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol are serious offenses. They can result in jail time, fines, and the loss of driving privileges, but there are many ways to fight these charges, including by questioning the police's justification for stopping you, whether a breath test was necessary, and whether the pertinent procedures or tests were carried out correctly and within the allotted time frames.
“If you're looking for a Criminal Defense Lawyer, Ms. Jill R. Cohen will fight for you. She showed empathy but stayed focus on the end result. Her professionalism, years of experience in detail and a strong passion for justice help me through a difficult time. Thank you so much!”Daniel L.
"Jill works hard to defend the people that she represents in court."Michael M.
"When looking for an attorney to handle my situation I wouldn’t settle for anyone less than the best (And I do my homework) – the best is Jill. She was very attentive to my situation, prompt with answering all of my questions and calls, and most importantly, she valued me as her client – treated me like family when I was feeling like a ball of nerves. She worked tirelessly on my case and provided me with the best-anticipated outcome and I couldn’t be more grateful for that. Take it from me – Jill is a wonderful attorney you won’t be disappointed."Pier L. View All Client Reviews
For Knowledgeable Legal Assistance With Your Criminal Charges Case, Get in Touch With Our Committed Pennsville, NJ Criminal Defense Attorney Today
From serious crimes and other felonies to misdemeanors, we manage appeals, work with post-conviction relief, process expungements, adjust sentencing, and handle pre-trial interventions. We also handle every form of criminal case and all related legal actions. Contact the skilled criminal lawyer in Pennsville Township at The Law Office of Jill R. Cohen now for legal advice and counsel with your criminal case. Regardless of the charges you are facing, we will help and fight your case from beginning to end.
Pennsville Township, NJ crime
Pennsville Township crime statistics reveal a 21-year decline in property and violent crime. Based on this history, Pennsville Township's crime rate should decrease in 2023 compared to 2019.
Pennsville Township had a 61.57% lower city violent crime rate and a 23.98% lower city property crime rate in 2019. These figures beat the national averages for their categories.
In 2019, Pennsville Township had 29.52% less violent crime than New Jersey and 20.08% more property crime. Both comparisons used 2019 data.
Criminal Defense Locations Served
- Atlantic County Criminal Defense
- Burlington County Criminal Defense
- Cape May County Criminal Defense
- Camden County Criminal Defense
- Cumberland County Criminal Defense
- Gloucester County Criminal Defense
- Hudson County Criminal Defense
- Mercer County Criminal Defense
- Middlesex County Criminal Defense
- Salem County Criminal Defense