A Trusted Criminal Defense Lawyer Always On Your Side
Anyone facing criminal charges in New Jersey, especially allegations relating to violent crimes, are understandably stressed and worried about their future. Depending on the nature of your charges, you may be facing stiff fines and penalties, loss of driving privileges or professional licenses, and even many years behind bars if convicted.
When your freedom and your reputation are at stake, you need an aggressive, knowledgeable criminal defense lawyer who won’t stop fighting for you. I am attorney Jill R. Cohen, Esq., and for more than 35 years, I have dedicated myself to practicing criminal law in numerous counties throughout New Jersey, as well as in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. When you enlist The Law Office of Jill R. Cohen, I will work tirelessly to defend you against your criminal charges in an effort to get your case dismissed or downgraded whenever possible.
Types Of Criminal Cases
When you or someone you care about is facing New Jersey criminal charges, you need a criminal defense lawyer who will put your needs first. Contact me today for a free consultation about your charges. Do not speak with police officers or any other law enforcement representative without me by your side. I can provide representation regarding:
- Violent crimes: I confidently handle a wide range of violent crime cases, including murder (homicide), manslaughter, gun and weapon offenses, spousal abuse and domestic violence, all degrees of assault and more.
- Drug crimes: From drug possession and possession with intent to distribute, to drug manufacturing and trafficking, I handle drug offense cases that involve all types of prescription drugs or illegal narcotics, including marijuana, cocaine, heroin and meth.
- DUI/DWI and traffic offenses: I represent clients facing drunk driving charges (DUI/DWI) as well as breath test refusal matters. I also handle a range of other traffic offenses, including speeding, distracted driving and reckless driving, among other charges.
- Sex crimes: I understand the impact that a sex crime accusation or charge can have on your life. I protect clients’ rights in cases such as rape, date rape, statutory rape, sexual assault and prostitution.
- Post-conviction representation: I handle all types of post-conviction matters, including appeals and expungements.
- Other criminal matters: My ability to handle nearly any type of criminal matter is vast. In addition to the areas listed above, I also represent clients in:
Being recognized as a successful, fearless criminal defense lawyer has earned me an impressive reputation with South Jersey judges, prosecutors, legal colleagues and former clients. Many refer the most challenging and important cases to me. Not only am I ready, willing and able to take on the highest-profile, most newsworthy criminal matters, but I also do so with the determination to protect each client’s reputation. I make sure that cases are heard in courtrooms by judges and juries, not fought publicly in the media.
Serious Criminal Charges Require A Serious Lawyer
Regardless of the incidents that led up to your arrest, every resident of New Jersey has the constitutional right to a fair trial. Whether your charges are serious, such as murder, sexual assault or weapons charges, or relatively minor infractions such as traffic violations or other municipal charges, I can help.
I am proud to be one of the few lawyers in New Jersey who has been certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a criminal trial attorney. Prior to becoming a defense lawyer, I served as a prosecutor in Camden County and an assistant district attorney in Philadelphia. You can rely on my experience and knowledge when you are facing criminal charges because I am not only thorough in preparing my defense strategy but also have extensive insight as to how the other side thinks and prepares its cases. I am thoroughly devoted to defending your rights.
Talk To Me During A Free Consultation
You do not have to face your criminal charges alone. I work to see that your life, family and future are protected now and going forward. Contact my office online today or call me at 856-754-5501 to request your free consultation. I can meet with you in my Haddonfield office or travel to see you if you’ve been incarcerated.