Fraud Crimes Lawyer in New Jersey
New Jersey Criminal Defense Attorney Helps Clients Fight Theft and Fraud Charges in Camden, Gloucester, Burlington, Atlantic, Salem, Mercer, and Cape May County, NJ
There are wide variety of fraud schemes out there that result in criminal charges. Credit card fraud, voter fraud, mortgage fraud, and, certainly, various types of insurance fraud can be a powerful lure for someone who is down on their luck or just looking to make a buck the easy way. At the very first sign that you are being investigated for any white collar crime in New Jersey, including fraud, it is imperative that you contact an experienced NJ criminal defense lawyer who will immediately get to work protecting your freedom and reputation. New Jersey residents and out-of-state visitors charged with fraud have turned to the Cherry Hill criminal lawyers at the Law Offices of Jill R.Cohen for experienced legal counsel. Contact Ms. Cohen today for a confidential consultation about your charges in Camden, Winslow, Washington Township, Monroe Township, Egg Harbor, or elsewhere in South Jersey.
Common Types of Fraud Crimes Seen in New Jersey State Courts
While fraud can involved a wide variety of criminal behaviors and acts, fraud as a crime in the state of New Jersey must generally involve the following: (1) a misrepresentation of a material fact; (2) by an individual or organization who knows or believes or knows it to be false; (3) to an entity who justifiably relies on the misrepresentation; and (4) there must be an actual injury or loss resulting from his or her reliance.
Common types of fraud often seen committed in the state of New Jersey include:
- Bankruptcy Fraud and Misrepresentation of Lack of Funds – involves concealing finances or other assets in order to falsely claim bankruptcy
- Tax Evasion or Tax Fraud – avoiding financial assessment or misrepresentation of expenditures or income by an individual or a business entity to avoid paying some amount of taxes
- Identity Theft – the act of pretending to be someone else or use a certain victim’s identity for any purpose including things such as opening a bank account, making a purchase, signing a document, sending communications, etc.
- Insurance Fraud – such as illegal acts used to manipulate and obtain a specific outcome in regards to an insurance claim
- Mail and Wire Fraud – schemes conducted to intentionally prevent others from receiving products or services via mail or wire communication
- Credit or Debit Card Frauds – theft and illegal use of a victim’s credit or debit card(s)
- Telemarketing Fraud – involves fraudulent sales via the phone that involve things like promising goods or services that are not given, hidden fees, etc.
- Security Fraud – deceptive behaviors that result in investors making decisions in stock markets that result in financial loss based on false information
- Computer and Internet Fraud – includes altering online or electronically recorded data, online banking fraud, etc.
- Forgery – involves illegally reproducing or copying banknotes (money), signatures, documents, or works of art.
Why Choose South Jersey Criminal Defense Lawyer Jill Cohen to Fight Your Fraud Charges in Cherry Hill, NJ?
When it comes to providing top-quality, aggressive criminal defense representation, experience matters. Ms. Cohen is one of the few lawyers in New Jersey who has been certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a criminal trial attorney. She has been successfully representing clients facing various white collar crimes for over 30 years. She knows that facing fraud charges in NJ can impact a person in many ways. Your job may be on the line. Your professional and personal reputation may be called into question. In many cases, your freedom may be at stake.
When you are charged with forgery, casino fraud, mail fraud, or any type of serious business crime such as embezzlement, money laundering, or racketeering in New Jersey, you need to retain a serious criminal defense lawyer like Jill Cohen as soon as possible. The truth is that by the time someone becomes aware that they are about to be charged with a fraud crime, there has likely already been an ongoing investigation for some time.
In Camden County, NJ, for example, the prosecutor may be advised about some insurance fraud allegations and begin an investigation against you long before you become aware of possible charges. If an employer suspects an employee of embezzlement, they are unlikely to approach the employee. Instead, they will likely advise law enforcement and an investigation will begin.
It’s not unusual when the suspect is one of the last people to know they are being investigated. If you believe you may be a target of an investigation by NJ law enforcement, call Attorney Cohen right away.
Whatever your circumstances are, as soon as you receive notice that you are under investigation — or suspect that you will be investigated — it is critical that you talk to a Pennsauken criminal lawyer right away. The opportunity to resolve your embezzlement or fraud case is much, much greater before criminal charges have been filed. Jill Cohen is a former Camden County assistant prosecutor and Camden City municipal prosecutor. She knows how her former colleagues build white collar cases and she will put that experience and knowledge to work defending you against your fraud charges.
Don’t Talk to Police About NJ Fraud Allegations. Instead, Contact Camden County Criminal Defense Lawyer Jill Cohen for Aggressive Legal Representation
Police may ask to speak with you about a fraud case. Your company’s human resources department may send you a letter asking you to submit to questioning about financial transactions that you were involved in. A detective may contact you directly and request a meeting. These are examples of early indicators that you could soon be charged with a white collar crime such as fraud, forgery, or embezzlement.
Exercise your right to remain silent until you have the chance to speak with seasoned Camden criminal defense lawyer Jill R. Cohen. When necessary, she will come to the police station or jail to meet with you. You can rely on her experience every step of the way; she will fight your NJ fraud charges tirelessly in an effort to protect your freedom and reputation. Jill Cohen has been representing criminal defendants throughout New Jersey in Camden, Cherry Hill, Gloucester Township, Winslow, Pennsauken, Voorhees, Lindenwold, Haddon Township, Collingswood and Haddonfield. Contact her today.