Sex Offense Lawyer in Burlington County, NJ Defends Clients Facing Criminal Charges for Sex Crimes in Evesham Township, Mount Laurel, Willingboro Township, Pemberton Township, Medford, and Throughout South Jersey
The ramifications of facing a sex crime charge in New Jersey are both immediate and enduring. From internet sex crimes to sexual assault, the types of offenses are varied but universally serious, carrying the potential for substantial penalties such as long-term imprisonment and mandatory registration as a sex offender. If you or someone you know is grappling with the immense weight of such charges, you'll find the staunch legal assistance you need with a qualified Burlington County sex crime attorney at the Law Office of Jill R. Cohen.
Secure Your Future With Experienced and Dedicated Defense; Schedule a Free Consultation With Me, New Jersey Criminal Defense Attorney Jill Cohen, to Fight For Your Rights and Seek The Justice You Deserve.
Why It's Imperative to Consult a Burlington County Sex Crime Attorney
When you are accused of a sex offense in Burlington County, NJ, the intricacies of the laws make it absolutely essential to have proficient legal counsel. These laws are complex and contingent on various factors, including the specifics of the alleged offense, the ages of everyone involved, and more.
Lack of proper legal representation can result in:
- Stringent Penalties: Burlington County takes a serious stance on sex crimes, often pursuing maximum penalties like long-term imprisonment, hefty fines, probation, and mandatory registration as a sex offender.
- Indelible Criminal Record: A sex crime conviction could permanently stain your criminal record, limiting opportunities for future employment, housing, and even social interactions.
- Reputational Damage: Community perception can change dramatically if you are accused, leading to irreparable harm to your personal relationships and professional standing.
- Family Concerns: Convictions may severely impact child custody agreements and may result in protective orders against you.
- Federal Consequences: Some sex crimes, particularly those involving minors, could also bring about federal charges, complicating your legal landscape further.
As a dedicated Burlington County sex crime attorney, Jill Cohen provides rigorous representation to safeguard your rights, liberty, and future.
Value of Prosecutor Experience
Attorney Jill Cohen’s tenure as an Assistant Prosecutor has equipped her with insights that are invaluable in constructing robust defenses for our clients. This inside knowledge of the criminal justice system allows our firm to forecast the prosecution's strategy and counter it effectively.
Understanding Burlington County’s Sex Crime Laws
Sex crimes in Burlington County, NJ, can fall into different categories, and it's essential to understand these to navigate your legal journey effectively:
- Sexual Assault: Non-consensual sexual activities, with varying penalties based on the victim’s age and use of force.
- Lewd Conduct: Involves indecent exposure, often in public places.
- Solicitation: Entering into sexual acts in exchange for money or other goods.
- Internet Sex Crimes: Includes the use of the internet for distributing explicit material or luring minors.
- Statutory Rape: Engaging in sexual activity with a minor below the age of consent, even if it was consensual.
"Ms. Cohen was my lawyer at Burlington county in 2006. She did a great job. If I could give her 10 stars, I would."Enolvina R.
"She got my charges dismissed."Junior B.
"This lawyer represented my friend’s brother in Hudson County who hired three lawyers for a trial. Jill was over an hour away and took this case because my friend’s brother was facing serious charges. Mrs. Cohen went to trial and he was found not guilty. My friend was so proud of this lawyer and when she went to court other lawyers asked where she got Mrs. Cohen from. I will use this lawyer if she takes my case."Lexie M. View All Client Reviews
Child Endangerment Offenses in Burlington County, NJ
In Burlington County, it's essential to understand a specific category of crimes that are frequently misinterpreted: child endangerment offenses.
What are Child Endangerment Offenses?
Child endangerment offenses involve the unlawful endangerment of a minor's well-being, which can include physical, emotional, or sexual abuse. This category also covers neglect, abandonment, and exposing minors to harmful environments or substances. Convictions are subject to both state and federal legal repercussions.
Consequences of a Conviction
Being convicted for child endangerment offenses in Burlington County can have life-changing ramifications. These can include significant prison time, hefty fines, and mandatory inclusion in the Megan's Law sex offender registry if the endangerment involves sexual abuse. Such a conviction can profoundly impact every facet of your life, from your career prospects to your social reputation.
Importance of Sex Crime Legal Defense in Burlington County
Burlington County is a region rich in historical landmarks, beautiful landscapes, and strong communities. However, this doesn't negate the possibility of legal issues arising, including sex crime charges, which can affect both residents and tourists.
Burlington County's unique character also poses distinct challenges. The county’s attractions bring in tourists and seasonal workers, contributing to a diverse social environment. This landscape can sometimes lead to misunderstandings or allegations that require prompt and competent legal defense.
Crafting a Strong Defense Strategy
Should you face sex crime charges in Burlington County, NJ, the consequences can be dire. However, you don't have to navigate these choppy waters alone. At the Law Office of Jill R. Cohen, we offer skilled legal guidance aimed at achieving the best possible outcomes by:
- Scrutinizing the legitimacy of accusations
- Examining law enforcement procedures during your arrest and subsequent investigations
- Rigorous evidence analysis
- Engaging in plea negotiations where appropriate
Why Choose the Law Office of Jill R. Cohen for Your Legal Defense in Burlington County?
At the Law Office of Jill R. Cohen, we are committed to defending individuals facing sex crime charges in Burlington County. Our thorough knowledge of local statutes, combined with extensive courtroom experience, offers our clients a distinct advantage. We provide:
- Personalized Service: We understand that each case is unique, requiring a custom-tailored defense strategy.
- Proven Track Record: We have secured numerous successful negotiations and case dismissals on behalf of our clients throughout New Jersey.
- No-obligation Consultation: We offer a free initial consultation to discuss your situation and your options.
Don't let a sex crime charge in Burlington County jeopardize your future. Contact the Law Office of Jill R. Cohen today to schedule a free consultation and take the first step toward safeguarding your rights.
Sex Crime Defense Locations Served
- Atlantic County Sex Crime Defense
- Burlington County Sex Crime Defense
- Cape May County Sex Crime Defense
- Camden County Sex Crime Defense
- Cumberland County Sex Crime Defense
- Gloucester County Sex Crime Defense
- Hudson County Sex Crime Defense
- Mercer County Sex Crime Defense
- Middlesex County Sex Crime Defense
- Salem County Sex Crime Defense